Frequently Asked Questions (Admissions)
The University has great sporting facilities on its campuses, including gyms, tennis courts, football pitches and more.
There is a Computer Lab Facility in the School for the students to easily access the computer and internet service for their projects and assignments.
Students can get information about their program details from our student coordinator, Mr. Tahran at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the admission process, regularly visit NUST website http://www.nust.edu.pk
There is no predetermined number of applicants admitted in any given semester.
Students may withdraw from a course until a certain point in the semester. There is a specific time-frame for course registration, within which the students can choose between different courses offered in that semester.
- Admission is granted on the basis of candidates’ performance in NUST Entry Test (NET) or score in Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) for which limited number of seats are reserved.
- The entire process of registration for admission is online.
- Candidates must be in possession of CNIC or Form B or NICOP (National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis).
- For applying for Registration:-
- FA / FSc stream candidates should have passed Part-I exam.
- A level students should have obtained minimum 60% marks in O level as per equivalence cirtificate issued by IBCC.
- When applications for admissions are invited, candidates are first required to get registered by providing valid email address. On provision of registration number, the candidate is required to fill up the online admission form and deposit specified processing fee.
- Candidates can appear in the entry test more than once to improve their score. The merit for admission is prepared on the basis of best score.
- For every attempt to appear in NET, a separate application is to be filled up.
- Computer based entry tests for all disciplines are held in multiple series at NUST Campus Islamabad according to the following schedule:
- First Series (NET-1) - 7 - 21 Dec 2019
- Second Series (NET-2) - 14 Mar 2020 onwards
- Third Series (NET-3) - Jun-Jul 2020
- Paper based entry test is conducted in Karachi and Quetta in Mar & July.
- In NET-2 & 3, candidates have an option either to appear for Paper Based Test at Karachi & Quetta or Computer Based Test at Islamabad.
- In Computer-based Entry Test, candidates can select the date and session of test according to their choice depending on availability of space.
- Admission process for all undergraduate programmes is conducted once a year to facilitate the commencement of the academic year in Fall.
- For more details, please visit NUST website www.nust.edu.pk.
Please see ASAB Careers and Employability Service web pages for advice on looking for jobs and careers after completing your degree.
Undergraduate degrees: ASAB bachelor degree programs are listed in the A-Z course index of our online undergraduate prospectus. You can also order a print copy of our undergraduate prospectus.
Postgraduate degrees: ASAB offers a full range of taught and research degrees at postgraduate level, all of which place emphasis on equipping postgraduates with specific analytical and research skills. This training enables our postgraduates to make a real contribution to their field of research, enjoying the benefits of working with and learning from internationally recognized research specialists. Information about our postgraduate courses is available in our online postgraduate prospectus. Please note that most Master’s courses start in September of each year.
The University has an excellent range of support services including health, welfare and study support. For your personal problems you can always talk with complete confidence to your Advisor or any member of staff with whom you feel comfortable. Advisors can help with a wide range of issues, and if they are unable to help with a particular problem, they will find you someone who can.
This information is regularly updated on notice boards and emailed to all students. You can also visit/email the student coordinator if you find some difficulty in getting the required information at email@example.com
The ASAB webpage has a separate section listing faculty. There are links with information about their current research and qualifications.