Vaccinology and Therapeutics Research Group
The group’s research interests encompass both applied and basic research projects related to RNA viruses e.g Hepatitis C Virus, Dengue Virus and Avian Influenza Virus and infectious bacterial species. The research group along with its collaborators from various renowned research organizations across the world (Oxford University, Purdue University, Pasteur Institute, University of Manchester and University of North Carolina) is trying to develop antiviral strategies both in the form of vaccinal approaches and therapeutic interventions.
- Dr. Najam us Sahar Sadaf Zaidi (email@example.com)
- Dr. Amjad Ali (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Naseeha Bibi
- Amtul Wadood Wajeeha
- Mamona Mukhtar
- Saleha Hafeez
- Hassan Farooq
- Irum Hasan
- Manahil Ghazi
- Saadia Masood
- Development of Recombinant Antigen Based Serum Dilution ELISA for Detection of Fowl Adenovirus in commercial poultry flocks of Pakistan
- Designing and Construction of a RNA Vaccine Based On Structural Proteins of Newcastle Disease Virus
- A Multiple Antigen Peptide System Based Approach for Dengue Virus Vaccine: Serotypes Prevalent in Pakistan
- Red Blood Cell Substitutes: Liposome Encapsulated Hemoglobin and Iron Oxide Nanoparticles as Oxygen Carriers
- Vaccine Development against Haemophilus influenzaetype using Plants as Bioreactor
The lab is supported through funding by NUST and funding acquired from national agencies like HEC and PSF.
- Zaman Ashraf, Muhammad Rafiq, Sung-Yum Seo, Kang Sung Kwon, Mustafeez Mujtaba Babar and Najam-us-Sahar Sadaf Zaidi(2015). Kinetic and in silico studies of novel hydroxy-based thymol analogues as inhibitors of mushroom tyrosinase. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 98. 203-211
- Zaman Ashraf, Muhammad Rafiq, Sung-Yum Seo, Mustafeez Mujtaba Babar and Najam-us-Sahar Sadaf Zaidi(2015). Synthesis, kinetic mechanism and docking studies of vanillin derivatives as inhibitors of mushroom tyrosinase. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 23(17): 5870-80.
- Mustafeez Mujtaba Babar and Najam-us-Sahar Sadaf Zaidi (2015). Protein Sequence Conservation and Stable Molecular Evolution reveals Influenza virus Nucleoprotein as a Universal Druggable Target. Infection, Genetics and Evolution. 34:200-10
- Ummar Raheel, Muhsin Jamal and Najam-us-Sahar Sadaf Zaidi (2015). A Molecular Approach designed to limit the Replication of Mature DENV2 in Host Cells. Viral Immunology. 28(7):378-84
- Munazza Fatima, Najam-us-Sahar Sadaf Zaidi, Deeba Amraiz, Farhan Afzal (2015). In vitro antiviral activity of Cinnamomum cassiaand its nanopartilces against H7N3 influenza A virus. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. DOI: 10.4014/jmb.1508.08024
- Zia-ur-Rehman Farooqi Andrew Curin Imran Tipu Philip J.R Day Najam-us-Sahar Sadaf Zaidi (2015). To Investigate the Efficiency of Surveyor Nuclease in Error Correction during Gene Synthesis. Ann. Pak. Inst. Med. Sci. 11(4): 176-179
- Zia ur Rehman Farooqi, Samar Hayat Khan Tareen, Jamil Ahmed and Najam-us-Sahar Sadaf Zaidi(2016). Logical Analysis of Regulation of Interleukin-12 Expression Pathway Regulation during HCV Infection. Protein and Peptide Letters. 23(6):581-9.
- Deeba Amraiz, Najamus Sahar Sadaf Zaidi and Munazza Fatima (2016). Development of robust in vitro RNA-dependent RNA polymerase assay as a possible platform for antiviral drug testing against dengue. Enzyme and Microbial Technology. 92: 26-30
- Deeba Amraiz, Najam us Sahar Sadaf Zaidi and Munazza Fatima (2017).Antiviral evaluation of an Hsp90 inhibitor, gedunin, against dengue virus. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 16 (5): 997-1004
- Fariha Kanwal, Ting Chen, Yunlon Zhang, Altaf Simair, Cai Rujie, Najam us Sahar Sadaf Zaidi, Xinhang Gua, Xiaolong Wei, Geoffrey Siegel and Changrui Lu (2018). Large-Scale in Vitro Transcription, RNA Purification and Chemical Probing Analysis. Cell Physiol Biochem 2018;48:1915-1927