Molecular Immunology Research Group
Share this story:
DETAILS OF GROUP MEMBERS:
Dr. Aneela Javed (Molecular Immunology Research Group)
The “Molecular Immunology” group focuses on two major aspects namely viral immunology and cancer immunology as well as intersections of both, all culminating in translational research. The group investigates the host-virus interactions and immunological responses against human viruses such as HIV, HCV and HBV both in vitro and in vivo (clinical samples). Based on these interactions, therapeutic strategies are also being under investigation and few are currently being tested. Recently, the group has started working on research and Diagnostic of emerging zoonotic infections such as CCHFV in Pakistan under the umbrella of One-Health. In cancer immunology, the group is investigating the immune correlates as well as new Nano particle based combinatorial therapies for Glioblastoma Multiform (GBM). These therapies are currently being tested in cell lines and Orthotropic Xenograft mouse model.
Focus of the Laboratory:
· Elucidation of viral and host factors in disease progression
· Immunological responses against human viruses
· Immune therapeutics against Glioblastoma Multiform
· Targeted drug delivery
- Uzma Malik
- Saadiya Nazeer
- Mazaa Sana
- Hina Khan
- Muhammad Usman
- Ayesha Qayyum
- Rida e Zainab
- Hamza Sher Din
- Fareeha Ghori
- Uzma Ghani
- Hafsa Sharif
- Development of diagnostic assays for the detection of COVID19.
- Molecular Characterization of miRNAs involved in anti-HIV activity for its therapeutic implication in vaccine development.
- Analyzing the natural anti-HIV mechanisms for their therapeutic implications in vaccine development. As Co-PI
- Elucidation of the Effects of Amphetamine and Natural psycho-stimulant Compounds in Alzheimer’s Disease.
Research Funding :
· Higher Education Commission (HEC)
· NUST Students Research Fund