Integrative Biology and Genomics (iBG) Research Group
· Dr. Amjad Ali (PI)
· Dr. Saadia Andleeb
Current Lab Members
1. Kanwal Naz
2. Nimat Ullah
3. Farha Anwar
1. Maaz Waseem
2. Zaara Ishaq
Focus of the Laboratory
● Microbial Genomics
● Development of Bioinformatics tools and databases
● Reverse vaccinology and drugs target identification
● Systems and Network Biology
1. Genome wide meta-analysis of cDNA datasets and molecular validation of genetic variants in type II diabetes mellitus. (Co- PI HEC- NRPU 2017 PKR. 3.03 M).
2. Assessment of indigenous Lactobacillus spp. for cholesterol reduction; a step towards probiotic designer foods” (Co-PI NRPU – HEC 2018 PKR. 2.58 M).
● Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC).
● National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST).
Selected Research Publications:
1. Naz A, Shahid F, Butt TT, Awan FM, Amjad Ali, Malik AA. Designing a multi-epitope vaccine to combat emerging coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) employing immuno-informatics approach Frontiers in Immunology June 2020
2. Zaheer T, Waseem M, Waqar W, Dar HA, Shehroz M, Naz Kanwal, Ishaq Z, Ahmad T, Ullah N, Bakhtiar SM, Muhammad SA, Amjad Ali*. Anti-COVID-19 multi-epitope vaccine designs employing global viral genome sequences PeerJ June 2020
3. Chhotaray C, Wang S, Tan Y, Amjad Ali*, Shehroz M, Fang C, Liu Y, Lu Z, Cai X, Hameed H.M. A, Islam MM, Surineni G, Tan S, Liu J, Zhang T Comparative analysis of whole-genome and methylome profiles of a smooth and a rough Mycobacterium abscessus clinical strain G3-Genes Genomes Genetic Jan 2020
4. Dar HA, Zaheer T, Sheroz M, Ullah N, Naz K, Muhammad SA, Zhang T and Amjad Ali* Immunoinformatics-Aided Design and Evaluation of a Potential Multi-Epitope Vaccine against Klebsiella Pneumoniae. Vaccines2019
5. Ullah N, Raza T, Dar HA, Sheroz M, Zaheer T, Naz K, Amjad Ali*, Whole-genome sequencing of a new sequence type (ST5352) strain of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus from a hospital in Pakistan. J. glob antimicrob resist 2019
6. Naz K, Naz A, Ashraf ST, Rizwan M, Ahsan M, Ahmad J, Baumbach J, and Amjad Ali*. PanRV: Pangenome-Reverse vaccinology package for identifications of potential vaccine candidates by exploiting the microbial pangenome BMC Bioinformatics 2019
7. Obaid A, Naz A, Awan FM, Ikram A, Raza A, Ahmad J, Amjad Ali. Model of the adaptive immune response system against HCV infection reveals potential immunomodulatory agents for combination therapy Scientific Reports June 2018
8. Rizwan M, Naz A, Ahmad J, Naz K, Obaid A, Ahsan M, Amjad Ali*.VacSol: a high throughput in silico pipeline to predict potential therapeutic targets in prokaryotic pathogens using subtractive reverse vaccinology BMC Bioinformatics 2017.
9. Hassan A, Naz A, Obaid A, Janjua HA, Ahmad J, Amjad Ali*, Pangenome and immuno-proteomics analysis of Acinetobacter baumannii strains revealed the core peptide vaccine targets. BMC Genomics Sep 2016.